Postecoglou sack? Tottenham decide two 'leading' targets with PL club, manager 'heading to part ways'

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

According to reports, Tottenham Hotspur have chosen their two preferred targets to replace head coach Ange Postecoglou with ‘doubts emerging’.

Postecoglou is towards the end of his second season at Spurs and is coming under immense pressure.

The Aussie head coach was praised for his work in 2023/24 as he overhauled Tottenham‘s style of play, and they narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification.

Spurs were expected to step up this season, but they have gone backwards as they have spent most of the campaign in the bottom half of the Premier League.

Tottenham’s severe injury crisis has been a mitigating factor, but they have still been a massive letdown and Postecoglou is under huge pressure.

READ: Premier League winners and losers: Chelsea, Bissouma, Van Nistelrooy shamed by Forest, Silva and Brentford

Postecoglou is among the favourites to be the next Premier League manager sacked as their failure in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup have added to their woes.

Spurs were afforded a boost last week as they beat Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar over two legs to progress in the Europa League. However, they crashed down to earth on Sunday, losing 2-0 to London rivals Fulham.

Following this latest setback, a report from The Telegraph claims Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola and Fulham’s Marco Silva are Tottenham’s ‘leading contenders if they ‘sack Postecoglou’.

Spurs are said to be considering potential replacements if ‘they feel forced into changing the club’s head coach’.

MORE SPURS COVERAGE ON F365…

👉 Man Utd: INEOS ‘agree’ to pay Tottenham ‘millions’ to secure ‘early exit from sponsorship deal’

👉 Tottenham fan reveals what Tel told the angry Spurs away end after losing to Fulham

👉 Ange Postecoglou digs out Tottenham star ‘lacking confidence’ for ‘letting game drift by him’

Tottenham’s Europa League campaign has been deemed ‘critical’ for Postecoglou, though ‘the club have remained supportive of Postecoglou and have been understanding of the injury crisis that was a huge contributing factor to form and results’.

Regarding Iraola and Silva’s stance on leaving their respective clubs, the report explains.

‘Bournemouth are expected to fight to try to keep Iraola, but there are doubts emerging over Silva’s future at Fulham, despite the superb job he has done at Craven Cottage.

‘There have been reports that Bournemouth want to extend Iraola’s contract, although sources close to his camp have indicated that he would be interested in the prospect of taking over at Tottenham.

‘Iraola’s current contract runs to 2026 and owner Bill Foley has confirmed that he plans to talk to Iraola personally about his future when he is scheduled to be in the UK next month.

‘Silva’s Fulham team beat Tottenham on Sunday to maintain their bid to qualify for Europe and the Cottagers are also in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, where they will face Crystal Palace.

‘But sources have cast doubt on Silva’s future at Fulham past this season, believing he and the club could be heading for a parting of the ways.’

Source