AC Milan 'hold London meeting' to land a ex

Submitted by daniel on
Picture
Remote Image

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou is under considerable pressure after a poor domestic season.

Sign up to our LondonWorld Today newsletter

Sign up

Thank you for signing up!

Did you know with an ad-lite subscription to LondonWorld, you get 70% fewer ads while viewing the news that matters to you.

Submitting...

Tottenham have just one shot left at winning silverware this season under Ange Postecoglou which will come in the Europa League. Spurs got past AZ Alkmaar in the Round of 16, and face a quarter-final tie against Eintracht Frankfurt.

Postecoglou’s hopes of keeping his job at Tottenham could rest on success in the Europa League, due to his side’s failure to make an impact domestically. They sit 14th in the Premier League and could drop down to 16th with a defeat to Chelsea on Thursday.

Several managers have been linked to Spurs as replacements for Postecoglou with Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola, Brentford’s Thomas Frank and Fulham’s Marco Silva all touted to replace the former Celtic manager.

AC Milan looking to land Tottenham Director Paratici

If Tottenham are to replace Postecoglou in the summer, the management team in North London will have a big decision to make regarding who they choose to be his successor.

Tottenham’s former managing Director Fabio Paratici is currently undergoing a ban from his role after his alleged involvement in false accounting at Juventus before he joined Spurs in 2021.

He has been out of the role since April 2023 after resigning after being hit with a 30-month ban by FIFA. However, according to Italian outlet Calciomercato, the ex-managing director is in talks with AC Milan, who would like to bring him in as a sporting director in the summer. Further reports from Gianluca Di Marzio have claimed a meeting was held in London on Tuesday between Paratici and Milan CEO Giorgio Furlani.

According to Tottenham insider John Wenham, Paratici, who managed to get Antonio Conte to join Spurs, could use his contacts to set up a meeting between Spurs and former Barcelona manager Xavi.

He told Tottenham News: “Xavi would be someone I would look to contact. If Spurs have any sort of ambition, that is the calibre of manager we should be going after. I understand you need the contacts to help make it happen. However, Paratici managed to attract Antonio Conte, which didn’t seem possible at the time. I’m sure he could help Tottenham get a meeting with Xavi.”

Xavi spent two seasons at Saudi Pro League side Al Sadd, before becoming Barcelona manager in 2021. He spent three seasons with the La Liga giants, winning a La Liga title in the 2022/23 season.

Who are the current favourites to replace Postecoglou?

It isn’t clear yet as to whether Daniel Levy is looking to replace the Tottenham manager, but if he does, who are the most likely candidates that could take over the role and try to finally bring a trophy.

One of the favourites to take over from the Australian manager is former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, who is currently the manager of the USA National Team.

Pochettino has a very close relationship with Levy, and said in an interview earlier in March that he would “love to come back” to Tottenham if the chance became available. However, seeing as he is currently in a job, it would seem unlikely in the immediate future.

Thomas Frank is also a name mentioned, he was touted to take over from Erik ten Hag at Manchester United in the autumn before the Red Devils appointed Ruben Amorim. Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola and Fulham’s Marco Silva are the next two favourites ahead of Ipswich Town boss Kieran Mckenna in fifth.

Source